The tree has been beautifully decorated and all the halls have been decked with balls of holly, so lets start to think about our designer resolutions for the New Year.
Every year, we all make resolutions, typically to get to the gym more and to eat healthier and we should absolutely continue with these very important goals but let’s also make some resolutions that help us live fabulously. Here are just a few of our suggestions to add to your list and we do suggest you write out a list of resolutions and post it on your bulletin dream board.
• If getting to the gym more last year didn’t materialize then revamp this resolution and design a space so that you can get your workout in at home. Convert a spare bedroom or a corner of the family room into a yoga retreat, pop in a cd and let the energy flow. Yoga isnt for you? then take up belly dancing with a friend every monday night at your house via DVD or buy a spin bike and commit to bike the entire hour while The Young and The Restless is on.
• Cooking for friends and family is a real treat, start a dinner club or commit to learning a new recipe every week, think outside the recipe box and try new flavors.
• Look your best, once a week enjoy a relaxing soak in the bath tub and treat yourself to an at home facial. One of the best facials is to simply use papaya enzyme mixed with water (I got this secret when interviewing a top dermatologist on my national radio show and have used this myself at home once a week for years). Ensure you have a good supply of essential oils, sea salts, epsom salts and baking soda for the tub. If you have room in your bathroom, display a gorgeous bath bar and if you don’t then store your bath recipe in a box under the vanity for easy access. Oh ya, don’t forget the candles.
• Speaking of candles, make it a resolution to burn more this year, even when you are home alone. There is something special about the soothing light of candlelight.
• Bring home more fresh flowers or adopt a new plant. To keep the air in your home clean and healthy we recommend five medium sized plants per person.
• Iron your sheets. I know you hate ironing but sleeping on ironed sheets is one fabulous luxury that doesn’t even cost you a penny and you’ll get a better night’s rest (this is one of the reasons that we love spending the night in a great hotel bed). Once you’ve made the bed, spritz your linens with lavender oil. Sweet dreams!
• Get organized. It’s impossible to live fabulously amoungst clutter or in a disorganized space. Make it a resolution to reorganize and de clutter for a couple of hours every week.
• Enjoy more designer porn. Every week, implement one idea that you gather from your favorite shelter magazines. It could be as simple as copying the way items are arranged on a coffee table, or how flowers are displayed in a vase but try to liberate at least one idea a week that inspired you from a magazine.
• Create a musical play list for multiple occasions (easy listening, inspirational, spa, dinner party, cocktail party, christmas, romance, etc) and play it more often. A house needs music!
Happy New Year and may 2014 be your most fabulous!